I keep a wall plug wax warmer in my hallway as a night light so I can see when I check in on the baby. Someone (dog, husband…I don’t know) recently ran into the warmer spilling wax all over the carpet.
I did a little research and the most recommended way to remove wax from carpet was to use an iron and paper towel. Check below to see the steps I used and the end result.
How To Remove Wax From Carpet
What You Need:
- Paper Towel
- Turn iron on low-medium setting
- Place one sheet of paper towel on top of the wax spill
- Put iron on top of paper towel for a few seconds
- Check the paper towel. After it has collected some of the wax, discard paper towel
- Repeat steps 2-4 until all wax has been removed from the carpet
For my wax spill I used 4 sheets of paper towel.
I probably worked on the wax spill for somewhere between 5-10 minutes and was able to get all of the wax off!
I hope you never has to deal with wax on your carpet but, if you do, definitely use this method to remove it quickly and easily.