**This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a small commission.**
I love themed books, especially those that correspond with a holiday. Help your kids learn about Thanksgiving and giving thanks with these festive books.
Thanksgiving Books For Kids
- Five Silly Turkeys – “Toddlers will love the silly Thanksgiving turkeys in this fun counting book full of silly turkeys doing very silly things!”
- The First Thanksgiving: A Lift-the-Flap Book – “Nancy Davis recreates the excitement and wonder of the first Thanksgiving–how the pilgrims came to America and how the Native Americans taught them to plant and then joined them in a Thanksgiving feast.”
- Bright Baby: Happy Thanksgiving – “With photographs to look at and Thanksgiving words to learn, this sturdy board book is ideal for adults to read and share with very young children to introduce them to this special holiday.”
- Turkey Trouble – “Turkey is in trouble. Bad trouble. The kind of trouble where it’s almost Thanksgiving…and you’re the main course.”
- Pete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving – “Starring in the school Thanksgiving play would make even the coolest cat nervous. But when Pete the Cat gets onstage, he makes learning the story of the first Thanksgiving fun.”
- Balloons over Broadway: The True Story of the Puppeteer of Macy’s Parade – “Everyone’s a New Yorker on Thanksgiving Day, when young and old rise early to see what giant new balloons will fill the skies for Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Who first invented these “upside-down puppets”? Meet Tony Sarg, puppeteer extraordinaire!”
- The Night Before Thanksgiving – “Everyone’s favorite fun-filled, family-filled, food-filled holiday is almost here! Follow along as the feast is prepared, cousins are greeted, and everyone gathers around the table, all with an extra helping of holiday fun.”
- Bear Says Thanks – “What better way for Bear to say thanks, than to have a big dinner with all his friends!”
- Thanksgiving Is for Giving Thanks – “Sure, Thanksgiving is about pilgrims and history–and turkey, of course!–but most importantly, it’s a holiday all about everything that we are thankful for. Cheerful, colorful illustrations accompany the simple text in this celebration of family, friends, and the holiday that brings them all together.”
What are some of your favorite holiday themed books?